Quotes About Hating Your Job
Let’s face it, for many of us, we simply work out of necessity and as a means to an end. And although that’s not the case for everyone, it is one of the main reasons for why we work. In addition to the fact that we need money to live, work provides a level of comfort, security, and independence that would otherwise be foregone. Our need to work is one that is derived by our sense of responsibility and yearning to provide for ourselves and our families.
While many of us work as a means to provide, it can be the nuances of our work life which we find difficult. Whether it’s a difficult work schedule, annoying colleagues and coworkers, or a dismay for the work we do, we somehow find the grit and perseverance to continue forward.
Workplace unhappiness and dissatisfaction are typically listed as one of the main reasons why employees resign their positions. Workplace and employee retention are crucial aspects to any successful organization, reducing the need to hire, train, and deploy new workers. Therefore, organizations looking for a competitive edge can typically find it in their workforce. These organizations simply need to reattune their message and their benefits, allowing for a more open, comfortable, and happy workplace.
There are a plethora of quotes about hating your job. However, the ones we listed below take a different, unique edge on the phenomenon. Rather than simply complaining about work or their jobs, these quotes look to provide a slither of hope and affirmation to a struggle that so many of us feel.
Top 12 Quotes About Hating Your Job
- “Say NO to the demands of the world. Say YES to the longings of your own heart.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” – Will Rodgers
- “Choose a career you love and you will never have to go to work.” – Denis Waitley
- “Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “The comeback is always stronger than the setback.”
- “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
- Repeat after me: “My current situation is not my final destination.”
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
- “Show respect even to people that don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.”
- Be kind. Even on your bad days.
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
- “You are not your resume; you are your work.” – Seth Godin