Welcome to our comprehensive Becker CPA Exam Review Course guide.
In this guide, you will obtain a jam-packed load of information on the Becker CPA Exam Review Course style of teaching, study material, coursework, and pricing.
We’ll also give you deeper insight into what makes this course a popular choice amongst future CPA exam takers.
This guide will cover:
With all the information provided, you’ll be able to choose the right CPA exam course for yourself.
Read on for more information!
Becker CPA Exam Review Course Details
The most talked-about institutions and brands usually provide high-quality products and services and have impeccable reliability.
Becker happens to be an institution widely popular with Accounting companies under the big four accounting firms, all recommending Becker to their employees seeking a CPA certification.
Also, did we mention that they have a 94% student pass rate – impressive, right!
With all that said, let’s take an in-depth look into their course offerings, pricing, and requirements.
Enrolling in the Becker CPA Exam Review Course is open to just about everyone; however, Becker recommends that you understand and have fulfilled the requirements needed to take the CPA exam and get the license before you obtain help preparing for your exam.
While every state has its own set of unique requirements, the general similarities include that all states require that you hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 150 coursework credit hours.
Also, you’ll have to be 18 when applying for a license, except for Missouri and New York, which require CPA candidates to be 21.
Lastly, most states would need you to take an additional ethics exam, which tests your knowledge of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
For more accuracy on the requirements, it would be best to visit your state licensing department to find out what you need to have to qualify to take the exam.
Acknowledging that different kinds of students respond differently to the various learning methods, Becker decided to offer its courses in three different learning styles.
They have in-person classes taught by industry professionals or college professors.
These are usually held at a college and take place at night for the convenience of students and lecturers, who usually also have their full-time jobs.
Time allocated to each live class session averages between 1-3 hours. Another learning option that students have is to learn online.
Their live online class requires students to log in to their education platform, and from there, you can begin interacting with your teacher.
Finally, they offer the option for students to engage with their course through self-study.
This means Becker gives you video lectures, a test bank with over 6500 questions, a study planner, and simulated exams to study the course material at your own convenient time.
You can take the self-study course option through the Advantage course package.
We discuss the different course packages in detail below.
Becker offers three tiers of course packages, each containing different offerings, with one package being more advanced than the other.
The more general package is known as the Advantage course package.
- Advantage: This package offers the study materials that the other two packages provide; however, students aren’t able to access Live Online classroom scheduling options in this package.
Furthermore, there is no access to CPA Exam success coaches, live classroom scheduling, and your test bank of practice questions for test prep is smaller than that offered in the other two packages.
- Premium: In addition to the general study material given to every student, participants of this course can schedule classes online.
Furthermore, with the Becker Premium package, you’re given unlimited access to the resources available to you until you pass your exam and access to the CPA Exam success coaches.
- Pro: This package gives you unlimited access to everything Becker has to offer for their CPA Exam Review Course, including a one year CPA Subscription, one-on-one tutoring sessions, and the options to take your classes in-person, online, or through self-study
With companies often paying for these CPA Exam Review courses, it might be best to take the Pro Package and gain access to everything.
As mentioned above, Becker offers three tiers of courses, with each progressively offering more resources, hence their pricing isn’t the same.
The Advantage package costs $2,399, and for a starting cost, it shows that Beckers courses are generally some of the most expensive in the market.
The Premium Course package costs $2999, and the Pro package will cost you $3499.
If you aren’t part of the lucky ones to have your accounting firm pay for the CPA Exam Review course, then you might be glad to hear that there are financing options to help you make payments more manageable.
We’ll discuss these towards the end of the guide.
For now, let’s take an in-depth look at the Becker CPA Course features.
Becker CPA Course features
Beyond what we’ve just revealed about all of Becker’s CPA Exam Review course offerings under each of their three packages, Becker provides a host of resources made to make the learning process easier so that their students can retain the most information possible.
Becker Accounting recently introduced the CPA Skill Master Videos, which are bite-sized videos, sort of like the type you find on Youtube, that features expert instructors breaking down task-based simulation questions.
Their course has about 580 task-based simulations and they are progressively working to have videos for each simulation.
Practice Questions and Mock Exams
A great feature of the Becker CPA exam prep course is that they have numerous practice questions to help you get ready for the exam day and mock exams to help you familiarize yourself with sitting for an exam.
Each of their four CPA exam sections allows students to try out three mock exams, with one of the exams supposedly being close to the actual CPA Exam.
Students can study for their CPA Exam through their Android devices or iPhones anywhere, anytime, with the Becker mobile app.
The best part is that it synchronizes with your other devices like your computer, meaning your progress is never lost.
Becker employs intuitive learning technology, the Adapt2U technology, that assesses your strengths and weaknesses as you progress through the course, suggesting areas you need to pay more attention to through progress reports.
Students can extract print or digital flashcards to help them memorize their coursework.
There are about 1000 flashcards available to students, so you can go a long way in getting the most out of these.
Becker CPA Course Pros and Cons
Although you might have already gotten the impression that we’ve established the Becker Exam Review Course as one of the more comprehensive and hands-on exam prep courses in the market, it’s still far from perfect.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- A Good System: Becker boasts an effective system that has helped them produce results since 1957.
Their online, live, and self-study classes system has proven to be well thought out and is perhaps the reason they have achieved a 94% CPA Exam pass rate.
- A Good reputation: Undeniably, Becker is one of the more prominent names in their industry and has assumed a good reputation from many firms, past students, and industry experts.
Stating that you took your exam prep at Becker might be a good selling point when convincing a potential employer to hire you.
- Extensive course material: With a vast amount of practice questions, practice tests, and CPA books, to mention a few resources, best believe you are well taken care of with the enormous amount of study material available to you to help you grasp the CPA critical knowledge topics.
- No Audio courses: For students who prefer to study using audio methods like audio recordings of lectures or podcasts, Becker, unfortunately, does not offer this.
- Cost: When it comes to pricing, Becker is higher up in comparison to its competitors, so unless you have a considerable amount of cash stacked up and ready to use or will have your accounting firm pay for the Becker study program, you’ll have to consider some of their financing options.
We take a look at them in the next section.
Becker CPA Course Financing options
While many CPA Exam Review course candidates are lucky enough to have their organizations pay for their studies at Becker, we are aware that many candidates will have to finance their studies independently.
Thankfully, Becker offers various payment options that make it easier to cover the total amount.
- FlexPay: Through FlexPay, candidates can pay their fees in 6, 12, or 24 month installments, free of interest.
When processing your enrollment through this payment plan, you might be requested to pay a non-refundable amount of $49, $69, or $99.
- Promotional offers: The great thing about Becker is that they usually have one promotional discount or another.
So if you want to obtain up to 40% off your original payment, it might be best to keep checking their website for deals.
- Newt D. Scholarship: Acknowledging that the journey to obtaining your CPA certification isn’t a walk in the park with candidates undergoing several hours of study, multiple-choice-questions (MCQs), and a long and tedious application process, Becker Accounting embarked on doing something good.
In honor of its founder, Newton D. Becker, Becker Accounting created a scholarship program, which has paid out about $2.3 million in scholarships.
They award about 110 scholarships each year, so if you are interested, you can head to their website to find out if you’re eligible to apply.
By reading this guide, we hope you’ve been able to obtain thorough information on the Becker CPA Exam Review Course to decide whether to take up this course.
As revealed in this guide, Becker offers top-notch resources, an effective learning system, and access to loads of practice exams and questions to ensure you pass your CPA Exam on your first try.
And if you still aren’t convinced about their offering, they offer a free trial that might probably better sway your decision.