99 Funniest Interview Questions
We’ve discussed previously the importance of interviews and interviewing for an open job listing.
Interviews are the single most important factor in being offered the job opportunity.
They are also the best time for both the interviewer and the applicant to get to know one-another and to make a great first impression.
Although interviews tend to follow a similar script and process, there are opportunities for the interviewer to veer off the script.
Asking funny, weird, and obscure questions during the interview process can help both the interviewer and the applicant to feel more relaxed.
However, doing so should only be done once a level of comfort has been established between the two.
It wouldn’t be wise to start an interview with an obscure, weird, or funny question.
Rather, conduct the interview in a professional manner, asking the applicant a list of commonly asked interview questions.
As the interview progresses, and you begin to see the applicant becoming more relaxed and comfortable, feel free to ask a funny, weird, or obscure question.
Below, we’ve listed the 99 funniest interview questions for 2020 that we’ve either asked or been asked.
These are funny, weird, or obscure questions that will definitely help you get to know and understand the applicant more.
However, we made sure that none of these questions were too weird or obscure, as to not let the applicant feel isolated or confused by the nature of the question.
Top 33 Funniest Interview Questions
- What is one item you’re most nostalgic about?
2. If you could drive any car, which car would you drive?
3. How much horsepower does a horse have?
4. How many inches is an elephant’s trunk?
5. If you walked out of this interview and found a lottery ticket for $25 million dollars, what would you do?
6. How would you describe the color red to someone that is blind?
7. What are your thoughts on gold as a monetary system?
8. How many miles of track is underneath New York City?
9. How many slices of pizza have you eaten in your lifetime?
10. How do you prioritize answering your emails?
11. What is something interesting about you that isn’t conveyed on your resume?
12. If you had to give a TED talk in the next five minutes, what would you discuss?
13. If I gave you $100,000 and you had to go back in time to 2009, what would you do with it?
14. Let’s say you were the CEO of this company, what three things would worry you about the future of the company?
15. Other than a company that you currently work at, which company do you know the most people at?
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
17. If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
18. Would you rather relive your high school or your college years?
19. If you could redo your college major, what would you major in instead?
20. What percentage of people admit to picking their nose? (43%)
21. If you’re going down an empty highway with no police present, do you go over the speed limit?
22. Tell me a time you’ve walked a mile in someone else’s shoes
23. What are your parents most proud of you for?
24. Would you rather not shower or brush your teeth for one week?
25. Would you be able to play tennis with a golf ball?
26. How would you creatively market a new product to millennials?
27. How many millennials are there in the world?
28. Do you think the world is a better or worse place the 20-years ago?
29. What would be your superpower?
30. If you were given $1,000 to walk up the Empire State Building, how many times do you think you could walk it in a 24-hour period?
31. House, desk, or car, which one would you clean first?
32. How would your spouse or significant other describe you?
33. Do you think we have worse attention spans since the introduction of smartphones?
Top 33 Most Weird Interview Questions
- What is your go to restaurant?
2. McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s, which restaurant has the best fries?
3. Would you live in a 7-story walk-up apartment for an extra $7,000 a month?
4. What kind of flower are you?
5. What’s the last gift you bought someone?
6. If you could text everyone in the world something right now, what would it be?
7. How many insects live in the Amazon rainforest?
8. Are there more rats or humans in New York City?
9. If you had to walk from New York to Atlanta, how long would it take you?
10. Would you rather live in a flying plane or a boat at sea for a year?
11. What’s one thing you could never abstain from?
12. Are you a morning or night person?
13. How many friends do you have?
14. How many people do you think you’ve met in your life?
15. What’s worse than wet socks?
16. What is the most dangerous game?
17. Name the last board game you played
18. What’s the most money you’ve ever won?
19. What would you be doing if you weren’t at this interview?
20. Why should I hire you?
21. Name a time you got something wrong
22. What’s your favorite movie?
23. Do you follow celebrity news?
24. What’s your favorite TV station?
25. If you could play for any professional sports team, what would be the team and why?
26. What was your favorite age?
27. How many ounces of water do you drink in a day?
28. How fast does a cheetah run?
29. What’s your favorite song?
30. Who is your role model?
31. Pepsi or Coke?
32. Do you put up holiday decorations?
33. What’s your favorite holiday?
Top 33 Most Interesting Interview Questions
- How are Snickers made?
2. What’s your favorite sneaker brand?
3. Would you give up your smartphone for $100,000 for one year?
4. Are you active on social media?
5. What’s your favorite social media platform?
6. Have you ever had anything go viral?
7. How do you think something goes viral?
8. What do you like about your own generation?
9. How would you sell hot coco in Florida?
10. What is your motto in life?
11. Would you rather be a top employee, but hated by your coworkers, or a mediocre employee but loved by them?
12. If you could change the world, what would you do first?
13. What was your happiest experience this past week?
14. Would you be upset if you didn’t get this job?
What would your next step be?
15. How many miles can a tire be driven before it needs to be changed?
16. What is one thing that is doing the most harm to the environment?
17. Do you use plastic straws?
18. Would you stay home for a full year for $99,000?
19. What do you think about taxes?
20. Do you believe in universal healthcare?
21. What would you do if the garbage on your street wasn’t picked up for a month?
22. How many pennies would fit in a can of Coke?
23. Do you think Steve Jobs did a good job at Apple?
24. What are your preferred working hours?
25. How many hours are there in a week?
26. How far can you shoot a basketball from?
27. If you could start any business, what business would you start?
28. What’s your favorite fruit?
29. Do you ever eat dessert before dinner?
30. What did you want to be when you were younger?
31. What was your first car?
32. How many cars have you ever had?
33. Do you prefer coffee or tea?