Hi there, and welcome to our insightful read on Series 65 study materials.
In this article, we’ll discuss Series 65 prep course providers and what makes the different Series 65 exam prep courses unique.
By the end of the article you’ll have understood the features, study resources, cost of study packages, and pros and cons of the different Series 65 study materials.
In a nutshell, here are the Series 65 course providers we’ll talk about.
- Securities Training Corporation
- Kaplan Financial Education
- Securities Institute of America
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Post 7 of 8 in the Series 65 Study Series
Securities Training Corporation (STC)
Securities Training Corporation is known as the best Series 65 online course because of its in-person training option.
The platform provides one-year access to all the study materials, regardless of the tier.
It also employs adaptive learning technology that allows learners to customize their Series 65 practice exams to target their areas of weakness.
With every practice test, the test questions are optimized to ensure you drill into the topics you are performing poorly.
The custom exam builders, diagnostic quizzes, and analytics all come together to ensure you polish each area tested in the exam.
STC study package comes in three tiers, all priced differently, depending on the number of study tools.
The basic plan is the Standard Package.
This plan goes for $193.33 and comes with:
- Access to instructor hotline
- 24/7 tech support
- Enrollment is valid for six months
- Printed study manual
- Crunch time facts
- Free course updates
- Online study manual
- Final exams
The Standard Plan offers reasonable study materials.
However, given the price, we find the materials provided here quite limited.
The second plan is Premier Package, $218.41.
The package comes with additional study materials apart from the self-study tools in the Standard Package.
You’ll have access to:
- Progress exams
- On-demand lectures
- Greenlight exams
- STC pass guarantee
The study tools in the Premier Package can be purchased individually.
The only downside is that you’ll only have three months of access instead of one year.
The Premier Plus Package is the priciest of the three plans.
This package has great resources.
You’ll have access to all the Series 65 materials in the first two packages, plus a live virtual class or recorded live virtual class.
What makes STC our top choice is its in-person classes option.
STC has ongoing classes for test-takers in New York.
These instructor-led classes focus on key concepts tested in the Series 65 licensing exams.
Learners can ask questions and seek clarification.
Those who live outside this city can settle for live-online classes.
Even more impressive is their one-on-one or private group tutoring.
With this arrangement, interested parties meet the STC Series 65 tutors to discuss their Series 65 test prep needs.
The tutor will then customize a study calendar that focuses on their areas of weakness and take them through those topics.
The cost varies depending on the number of sessions and the group size.
Clearly, Securities Training Corporation is doing an impressive job with in-person training.
- Instead of purchasing a full course package, test-takers can go for individual study materials like flashcards or on-demand lectures.
- There’s 24/7 access to the instructor hotline. Your questions are addressed as soon as you raise them.
- The Series 65 study materials come with a study manual that’s both in print and digital.
- The Standard Package has limited study resources. All the excellent materials like a green light exam, progress exams, flashcards, and on-demand lectures are locked up in expensive packages.
- The pass guarantee is only available for tiers two and three.
- STC doesn’t publish its Series 65 pass rate
We give Securities Training Corporation five stars for comprehensive study materials and diverse options in the in-person training.
Kaplan Financial Education
Kaplan offers a wide range of study resources for FINRA securities exams.
Kaplan provides some of the most comprehensive study materials in the industry at a competitive price.
The Series 65 exam has three plans, just like the other FINRA exam prep packages.
All three packages are designed with different learning styles in mind.
They also come at different price points
The Basic Self-Study Package costs $159.
This plan is ideal for self-starters who enjoy learning at their own pace.
It has several materials, including:
- License exam manual
- Exam tips and content update
- SecuritiesPro Qbank
- Practice exams
- Study calendar
- Performance tracker
Kaplan Series 65 study plan automatically generates a study calendar for you once you’ve entered your exam date and the time you have to prepare for the exam.
The computer automatically breaks down the exam content into sizeable chunks that you can read up to the exam date.
The second plan is known as the Essential Self-Study Package.
It goes for $199.
The plan comes with checkpoint exams, a video library, and a midterm exam on top of the study tools in the Basic Self-Study Package.
The checkpoint exams are an excellent way to test your understanding of each chapter as you move along.
The video library has short videos of each topic to reinforce the lessons you’ve learned in a topic.
The last package, The Premium Instruction Package, offers the best value for your cash.
This plan has a mastery exam, performance tracker, instructor link, and downloadable class notes.
These materials come with either Premium Instruction Live Online Package at $319 or Premium Instruction On-demand Package at $289.
These two plans can be paid in four installments interest-free.
The study materials you get with each plan can help boost your exam preparation to a huge extent.
First, the instructor link gives test-takers a direct line to instructors.
The performance tracker is an excellent way to track your study goals and find out how ready you are for the exam.
The one thing that makes Kaplan a great option is the SecuritiesPro Qbank.
The Qbank has hundreds of practice questions to help polish your areas of weakness.
Once you’ve generated the questions, you can do them online or print them for offline use.
You can access the Kaplan Series 65 study materials for five months.
If you must, you can extend an additional five months for $49.
Another amazing aspect of Kaplan is in-person classes in select cities.
Check the website for more information.
The one disadvantage that we noticed is the lack of a money-back guarantee.
If you use Kaplan materials and fail the actual exam, you won’t get your money back.
- Learners find it easy to reach out to the instructors using the instructor link, which is only available for the premier members.
- Kaplan updates the interactive Qbank frequently. The question bank allows learners to customize the questions they want to focus on more.
- The video library is a hub of short videos for each topic. It helps reinforce the lessons covered.
- The SecuritiesPro Qbank has many questions, making it possible to take as many test questions as possible.
- Kaplan doesn’t have a mobile app.
- The best study tools are locked in the Premium Instruction Package
- There’s no money-back guarantee
- Instructor support is only available for those with a premium package
Kaplan Financial Education is doing an excellent job.
The study materials are of high quality, and the pricing is reasonable.
For that reason, we give it five stars.
ExamFX is yet another great Series 65 exam prep provider.
It offers three study packages that come with a wide range of study materials.
All the study packages come with adaptive learning technology that enhances exam preparation.
With this technology, learners can access their progress, see areas they need more practice and tailor their learning to put more effort into specific areas.
Learners who opt for ExamFX have three options: Self Study, Video Study, and Live Online.
The Self-Study Package costs $159.95.
This plan has:
- Interactive learning portal
- Readiness exam
- Guarantee exam
- Online exam simulation
- Chapter quizzes
- Online textbook
- Phone and email support
The online exam simulation comes with an extensive question bank.
The simulation exam uses adaptive technology.
So, as you take practice questions, the system generates more questions from the test bank in the areas you need more practice.
This helps you utilize your study time effectively.
Now, while there’s an unlimited number of exam questions in the Qbank, if you take too many, you may start seeing repeated questions.
The second plan is Video Study Package, which is $234.85.
This has all the materials in the first package, plus on-demand video lectures and online flashcards.
The last plan, the Live Online Package, costs $332.80.
Depending on your location, this one adds live virtual or live in-person training.
If you live in Illinois, Colorado, or Arizona, you can attend the in-person classes held twice monthly.
The calendar for the classes is on the ExamFX website.
These classes are excellent if you need additional help with the uniform investment adviser law examination key concepts.
You can also make the most of the classes by asking questions.
All three plans have a guaranteed exam, which is impressive if you ask us.
If you score 80% on the guarantee exam and take the actual exam within three days and fail, you’ll get a refund for the whole course amount.
Again, suppose you buy any of the three ExamFX study packages and realize you don’t like the materials; you are eligible for a refund within 48 hours.
The one thing that ExamFX should improve on is the prep materials access period.
Three months is a short time.
- The three study packages are comprehensive enough to match different learning styles
- The adaptive learning technology that comes with simulation exams enhances learners’ Series 65 exam preparation
- Instructor support allows learners to get help when they need it.
- A pass guarantee for all three packages is an excellent addition.
- The first plan doesn’t have flashcards, which are great for memorizing key concepts
- Test-takers only have 90 days of access
- You must purchase the most expensive study package to attend live online classes.
The one thing that makes ExamFX stand out is the fact that even its standard plan has comprehensive study resources.
You even get a pass guarantee with the basic plan.
ExamFX doesn’t publish the pass rate for Series 65, but their overall securities exam pass rate is 87%.
We give it five stars.
Knopmanmarks is known for its video lectures and offline study option that give learners the option to study on the go.
Knopmanmarks offers one comprehensive study package, but you can have an add-on at an additional cost.
The comprehensive package is $385 and has several Series 65 study materials.
- 19 hours of video lectures
- Benchmark exam
- Access to the training center
- Textbook and ebook from Kaplan
- Digital flashcards
- Online question bank from Kaplan
- Downloadable supplements
- Client success team support
Learners are also checked on regularly with the Knopmanmarks team.
In case of any updates, they get them by email in real time.
As it is, this study package has all the resources that one needs to prepare for the Series 65 exam.
But if you prefer additional support in terms of training, you can purchase the add-on that will require you to part with an additional $225.
Purchasing the add-on gives you access to the All Access Pass, which comes with:
- 60 minutes of Q& A session to review the exam questions
- A 60 minutes group onboarding call
- Live-streamed faculty-led classes
- Blended classes that merge faculty-led coaching review sessions and on-demand recorded lectures.
Of course, these additional resources are an excellent addition.
However, the two packages combined are overpriced.
If you include the add-ons, the Knopmanmarks study materials cost $610, which is way more expensive than the other prep course providers.
But you can purchase the add-ons only without the comprehensive package.
That aside, Knopmanmarks study resources make learning easier.
Test-takers can access all the study materials on a mobile app.
You can use the app offline, and once you reconnect to the internet, your progress is automatically updated.
Further, the downloadable supplement makes it possible to study from wherever, with or without the internet.
- Knopmanmarks provide 19 hours of video lectures. The video lectures dig deep into the exam content and are conducted by highly qualified instructors.
- The ability to study offline is a plus. Both the downloadable supplements and the mobile app help you study from anywhere.
- The mobile app is only for iOS users
- The live online class is expensive compared to other providers.
We give knopmanmarks 4.5 stars because of the comprehensive package and offline learning.
The only downside is the cost of the study materials.
Securities Institute of America
The Securities Institute of America has an à la carte course option that allows test-takers to choose the study materials they need.
SIA has one comprehensive package with all the study resources you need to pass the Series 65 exam.
The Complete Self-Study Solution is $200.
It comes with:
- 516 physical and digital textbook
- 13 hours of online video instruction
- Cheat Sheets
- Test bank with 1,900 questions
- Phone email, and chat support
- Checkpoint exam
- Green light exam
- Six months access
You can choose this comprehensive study package or go for individual study materials.
The textbook and test bank go for $124.95, while the textbook alone is $89.95
Online video instruction is $99.
If it’s paired with the test bank, it goes for $124.99.
The SIA exam prep software has over 1,900 test questions.
Learners can generate practice questions randomly using the software.
In fact, SIA provides 15 ways to customize the practice exam questions.
The software costs $59.95.
You can also get a mobile ebook for $89.95.
The Securities Institute of America reports a pass rate of 90%.
Test-takers who’ve passed the guarantee exam five days before taking the Series 65 exam are assured of a full refund if they don’t pass the exam the first time.
That means the guarantee exam mimics the actual exam to a huge extent.
So, what makes this SIA the best option for exam preparation?
- There’s a money-back guarantee for those who don’t pass the Series 65 exam the first time.
- The à la carte course options make it convenient for learners who don’t need the whole study package. The prices are also reasonable.
- Live chat and phone support make seeking help easy.
- The SIA textbook is one of the most comprehensive in the exam prep industry.
- Despite all the amazing study resources, SIA doesn’t have live in-person classes.
- The study package is limited to one option.
- The exam questions in the test bank are fewer compared to other providers.
The Securities Institute of America provides diverse study options for those preparing to become investment adviser representatives.
The only area SIA should improve on is the live in-person training.
Also, offering additional tiers will provide more value.
That said, SIA gets a solid 4.5 stars.
Achievable stands out for its powerful adaptive learning technology that uses spaced repetition.
Spaced repetition is an excellent way to reinforce information learned.
Achievable offers an affordable package that goes for $199.
The package comes with:
- Advanced personalization using an adaptive learning technique
- Full-length practice exam
- Review quizzes
- Easy-to-read online textbook
- Modern responsive platform
The adaptive learning technique tracks your study progress according to your learning objective and adjusts your Series 65 practice test to close the knowledge gaps.
The full-length practice exams are hand-crafted by highly qualified Achievable trainers.
The exam questions are weighted the same as the NASAA uniform investment adviser law examination.
So you’ll be better placed to gauge your readiness.
Further, the review quizzes bank has dozens of questions on the Series 65 exam topics to help you drill the key concepts.
The digital textbook is straightforward and easy to read, making it easy to grasp the explanations.
- The adaptive learning technology uses spaced repetition to ensure key topics are well understood.
- The textbook is well-written, informative, and summarized to present the content well.
- Achievable offers pass guarantee. You get a full refund if you fail the exam on the first attempt.
- Achievable doesn’t have lecture content, such as video lectures or audio lectures.
- The study packages are limited.
- There’s no mobile app for offline studies.
Although it has few study resources, Achievable adopts the best technology to boost its learners’ performance.
We give it four stars.
The platform can improve by adding study packages and introducing an app.
That’s all from us.
We have discussed the top Series 65 study materials.
The prep providers offer different study packages that come with a wide range of tools.
The price points also differ.
We’ve gone further to give you the pros and cons of each prep course and the areas they need to improve for the best results.
We hope you can now visit their website and choose one that best suits your exam preparation needs.
Series 65 Study Materials FAQs
What is the best way to study for Series 65?
– Start your exam preparation early
– Create a study plan for the Series 65 topics
– Leverage Series 65 study materials
– Series 65 flashcards and Series 65 cheat sheets are perfect for memorizing tough concepts
– Take practice exams to familiarize yourself with the actual exam
Where to get study materials for the Series 65 exam?
There are many Series 65 prep courses with excellent study materials. Here are your options:
– Securities Training Corporation
– Securities Institute of America
– Kaplan Financial Education
Try to comb through their websites before settling for a course provider.
How many times can you take the Series 65?
You can take as many times as you can. The only downside is that if you fail the exam the first time, you’ll have to wait 30 days. If you fail three times consecutively, you’ll have 180 days. With each retake, you pay the full exam fee.
Is the Series 65 or 66 easier?
Series 65 is harder than Series 66. Series 65 covers more economics, products, and suitability questions to ensure that candidates have mastered the applicable concepts of Series 7. Series 66 focuses on investment advisor regulation and state law. The Series 65 exam is lengthier and takes longer than Series 66.
What does a Series 65 allow you to do?
The Series 65 license allows you to offer investment advice and analysis to clients at a fee. The exam covers:
– Economic Factors and Business Information
– Investment Vehicle Characteristics
– Client Investment Recommendations and Strategies
– Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines, Including Prohibition on Unethical Business Practices
How long should I study for Series 65?
The study duration varies. Most full-time aspiring investment advisers take 4-6 weeks to prepare adequately for the exam. Those studying full-time can take 50-60 hours over one week. Still, others take 60-100 hours, while some take as little as 30 hours. It all depends on your availability.
How much does it cost to take the Series 65 exam?
The Series 65 exam costs $187. You can pay the amount yourself, or your firm can pay it if you are sponsored. Self-sponsored test-takers file Form U10 to request the exam. FINRA member firm-sponsored candidates file Form U4. From there, make the payment. You’ll have 120 days to schedule the exam.