Getting your resume noticed and making it past the applicant tracking system can be tough.
However, by utilizing certain keywords on your resume, you can ensure that your resume passes the applicant tracking system and lands on the hiring manager’s desk.
Below, we are going to discuss the best supply chain keywords to place on your resume.
These keywords are great for individuals looking to enter or continue their career in Supply Chain.
Supply chain keywords generally focus on logistics and cost reduction methods which employers are keen to hire for.
Wherever you are in your supply chain career, it is important to utilize the best supply chain keywords throughout your resume.
Not only will this help to increase your chances of securing an interview, but it will also help you to showcase your skills and experience and differentiate you from other applicants.
What is Supply Chain?
Supply chain, quite simply, is a network of companies and suppliers to produce, distribute, and provide a specific product to the final buyer – typically, a consumer.
The supply chain network is typically extremely nuanced and complicated, requiring many different companies, suppliers, and vendors.
A supply chain involves a series of intricate steps involved to ensure a product or service is delivered to an end-buyer in a timely and reasonable fashion.
These steps typically include moving and transforming materials into a final product, which buyers can purchase.
Within the supply chain ecosystem, it is extremely important to understand the business process.
That is, it is important to understand the different links within the supply chain and how these individual pieces form to create an end product that can be offered to consumers.
What Are Some Supply Chain Trends?
- Move towards a centralized procurement and tracking of expenses
- Realize the supply base to a small set of select suppliers
- Outsource procurement of non-essential items and material
- Place greater emphasis on real time response to new customer requirements and needs
- Place a greater emphasis on better, more reliable forecasting, sales, and operations planning
- Increase pressure to reduce costs and showcase revenue savings
- Place pressure to increase skills and training of supply chain professionals
What Are Some Supply Chain Challenges?
- Lack of certified, trained, and experienced supply chain professionals
- Inability to integrate multiple systems internally and externally
- Need to manage multiple inventory levels and SKU’s
- An increased emphasis on price rather than total cost
Top Hard Skills Need in Supply Chain Professionals
- Project management
- Technical understanding and expertise
- Cost accounting skills
- Ability to understand financial and accounting statements
- Understanding of business and procurement systems
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Understanding of global and international issues
- Business ethics
- Legal understanding involved in managing contracts
Top Supply Chain Keywords
- Asset management
- Capital budget
- Change management
- Continuous improvements
- Contract negotiations
- Cost reduction
- Customer service
- Customs compliance
- Demand planning
- Distribution management
- Facility management
- Fleet management
- Health and safety
- Import and export restrictions
- Internal quality audits
- Inventory control
- Kanban systems
- Logistics planning
- Materials planning
- Operating budget
- Performance improvement
- Project management
- Route management
- Shipping and receiving
- Six Sigma
- Vendor management
- Warehouse management