Greetings, our esteemed reader.
We are delighted to share our top picks for Series 7 study materials.
This is our seventh article in our Series 7 study hub, which has eight articles.
After finishing this article, you’ll have an idea of the best Series 7 study materials.
Here are the prep course providers we’ll shed light on:
- Security Training Corporation
- Securities Institute of America
- Kaplan Financial Education
Let’s start with STC.
Other free series 7 study materials:
- Series 7 exam prep
- Series 7 study plan
- Series 7 study guide
- Series 7 practice exams
- Series 7 flashcards
- Series 7 cheat sheet
- Series 7 Exam FAQ
- Best Series 7 study materials
Our Experience with Series 7 Study Materials
Our content and editorial team at Career Employer is made up of individuals who’ve taken the Series 7 exam and passed with the help of the study materials we are about to share with you.
Three of our editorial team members used Kaplan financial education Series 7 study materials. Four of us passed the daunting Series 7 test courtesy of Security Training Corporation materials. Two of our content team swear by ExamFX. We are familiar with the study resources provided by the different prep courses, and we want to help you make an informed choice on the same.
Security Training Corporation (STC)The Best CFA Exam Study Materials
STC is one of the industry leaders in the securities exam prep industry.
The organization was one of the first FINRA exams prep course providers when securities exams were introduced in 1969.
STC has a long track record in FINRA test prep materials.
It’s known for providing high-quality exam prep courses, and its Series 7 study materials are no exception.
Series 7 exam prep materials range from individual courses to bundled options at different price points.
In partnership with John Wiley and Sons, STC provides three bundle options for Series 7 exam prep; Standard, Premier, and Premier Plus.
The study packages get better with each tier.
The Series 7 exam Standard Plan goes for $235.13.
This plan has several study materials, including:
- Access to instructor hotline
- 24/7 tech support
- Crunch time facts
- Online study manual
- Free course update
- Final exam
This plan is affordable.
Despite the high price, we were disappointed by how limited the study resources were.
There are no live classes.
The Standard Package is ideal for test-takers who prefer self-study.
Tier two, the Premier Package, costs $412.78.
On top of the study materials in the Standard Package, you’ll also have access to:
- On-demand lectures
- STC pass guarantee
- Progress exam
- Greenlight exam
The one thing we liked about this plan is that the flashcards can be organized by Series 7 content chapters or the exam sections.
Exam takers can better focus on their areas of weakness.
The last tier is the Premier Plus, which goes for $496.83
With this package, you’ll have access to the best study resources.
Apart from the study materials in tiers one and two, you’ll also get:
- Weekly, instructor-led Q & A sessions
- Live or virtual in-person classes
Suppose the bundled plans are beyond your budget.
You can opt for individual courses.
You can purchase on-demand lectures at $151.53.
Flashcards go for $67.93, and a virtual class webinar is $365.75, etc.
Visit the STC website for a list of the individual courses.
We particularly found the “Custom Exam” excellent.
This feature allows candidates to take customized practice exams on the specific topics they are weak.
Learners can even choose the number of questions to include in the exam.
The enrollment for all three study packages is valid for six months.
- STC has a pass rate of 95%. One of the highest among the Series 7 prep course providers.
- You have access to flashcards and printed study manuals you can use for offline studies.
- The “My Score” feature allows tracking your progress in the practice exams.
- While the Premier and Premier Plus packages have a pass guarantee, STC terms and conditions state that the organization doesn’t guarantee you’ll pass the FINRA Series 7 exam.
- The practice questions are limited.
- The PDF exam review book is complex, making it difficult to understand.
STC provides the best value for Series 7 exam test-takers.
KnopmanmarksThe Best CFA Exam Study Materials
Knopmanmarks has a passing rate of 99%, the highest among the Series 7 prep course providers.
It’s reputable for developing high-quality exam prep materials.
Its Series 7 course is as comprehensive as they come, although they only have one study package.
Knopmanmarks compensates for its limited course options by providing extensive easy-to-follow study tools for the best user experience.
Its only study package has several materials, including:
- Access to Knopmanmarks training center
- Physical textbook and ebook
- Benchmark and diagnostic exams
- 15+ hours of video lectures
- Client success team support
- Digital flashcards
- Online question bank from Kaplan
- Download supplements
- iOS mobile app to study offline
The plan also comes with email updates from instructors to motivate you.
They also give tips to make the most of your study time and prepare for the Series 7 exam date.
Further, you’ll have an action plan to guide your studies.
What stood out for us about Knopmanmarks Series 7 study package is the online training center.
The online training center is a hub of study resources.
You’ll have access to the Series 7 study guide, video lectures, and more.
Another amazing feature that helped a good number of us who are always on the go is the mobile app that allowed us to study offline.
This plan goes for $400.
Knopmanmarks also give candidates several add-on materials at an additional price of $225.
The add-on study materials include:
- Group onboarding call
- Review sessions that involve an hour of live Q&A sessions
- Blended classes that are scheduled at least once a month
- Live-streamed traditional faculty-led classes
Knopmanmarks have all the materials learners need to prepare for the Series 7 exam.
Also, the organization offers live instruction that most test-takers find incredibly helpful.
The only thing we didn’t like about the live instruction is that it comes at an additional cost.
On the bright side, you can test drive before you purchase the Knopmanmarks Series 7 licensing exam materials.
If you don’t like the materials, you don’t have to purchase them.
- The add-ons, also known as All Access Pass, come with virtual live classes.
- It has the highest pass rate.
- The iOS mobile app makes learning a breeze even without the internet.
- Personalized instructor support if you need guidance
- The study package features are comprehensive.
- As mentioned, Knopmanmarks only has one study package
- There’s no pass guarantee
- The question banks and textbooks are from Kaplan Financial
knopmanmarks ranks top of our list for its exceptional user experience.
AchievableThe Best CFA Exam Study Materials
Achievable is perhaps the most affordable Series 7 prep course provider.
It’s also the most recent provider compared to the other providers in this article.
It has an excellent reputation in the financial securities industry, as many financial institutions enroll their employees in prep courses.
You can be sure you’ll get the knowledge you need for the top-off exam and practical work in the field.
The Achievable general securities representative course costs $149.
The self-study package comprises:
- 25+ full-length Series 7 practice exam
- 3,700+ Series 7 practice questions
- 1,700+ end-of-chapter review questions
- An ebook
While the study resources for the only study package are comprehensive, we felt like additional study packages would give test-takers more options to choose from.
Achievable has an interactive platform with a responsive user interface that makes learning a breeze.
The adaptive learning platform tracks your mastery of the Series 7 course learning objectives and adjusts the review questions to match the areas you need more practice in.
The advanced personalization makes Achievable an excellent Series 7 program where you learn exactly what you need to when you need to learn it.
Another impressive feature is that test-takers can access the study materials on mobile, tablet, and computer.
If you want to, there’s an option to hire a Series 7 tutor separately for around $99 per hour.
You get a discount if you purchase 10-15 hours.
Achievable allows learners to test drive.
If you are unsure about buying their prep course materials, you can create an account for free and review the sample content.
You’ll have access to their textbook and free Series 7 practice exam.
Suppose you are impressed.
You can purchase the study package.
You’ll simply continue with your studies where you left.
In our opinion, the free trial without strings attached is a good move.
If you are not impressed with the sample content, you can opt-out without buying a paid plan.
With Achievable, you have one year access to the study materials.
- Achievable boost a pass rate of 98%.
- The study plan is affordable
- You have access to free sample materials before purchasing the study package.
- There’s a pass guarantee
- Adoptive learning enhances studying for Series 7
- Achievable focuses on self-study content only. There’s no virtual learning.
- The study package is limited. There’s only one.
- Instructor support is also limited.
Apart from its excellent mobile learning experience, Achievable is the most affordable Series 7 prep course provider.
The Securities Institute of America
The Securities Institute of America is in partnership with John Wiley and Sons.
The Series 7 materials by SIA are reasonably priced.
Its most priced package goes for $289.
And there are three packages in total.
SIA allows you to purchase the bundled option or individual study material.
The most affordable SIA package is the Series 7 Complete Video Package for $149.
This plan has:
- 2,200 test bank questions
- Series 7 exam prep textbook and ebook
- 20hours-25 hours of video lectures
- Greenlight guarantee
- 180 days’ access to the materials
The second option is the Series 7 exam textbook and exam prep software.
This option costs $194.95.
With this plan, you’ll have access to:
- Exam prep software
- pass guarantee
- 2,200 Series 7 practice questions
- Shipping fee
The last study package costs $289.
- ebook and textbook
- 2,200 test bank
- 15 ways to customize the practice exams
- 20-25 videos training class
- Checkpoint and green light exam
- Cheat sheet
- Shipping fee
All the plans offer phone support, live chat, and an option to hire a tutor at an additional fee.
- The exam prep software is an excellent tool for Series 7 practice tests.
- There’s also a money-back guarantee if you don’t pass the actual exam after taking and passing the green light exam five days before the exam.
- All three study packages are reasonably priced.
- Phone support and live chat
- You only get the pass guarantee if you purchase the bundled packages, not individual materials.
- There are no live video lectures.
The Securities Institute of America offers the best self-paced Series 7 studying packages.
ExamFX is yet another excellent option when preparing for the Series 7 exam.
It provides great study resources using leading-edge technology that allows for interactive learning.
All three packages are reasonably priced and have the resources you need to succeed in the licensing exam.
The basic plan, the Self-Study Package, costs $149.98.
This plan gives you access to:
- Online exam simulation
- Readiness exam
- Instructor support
- Interactive learning portal
The second plan is the Video Study Package, which costs $199.95.
In this package, you have everything in the first plan, plus Series 7 flashcards and on-demand video lectures.
And finally, the last plan.
The Premium Package adds live-online training to the materials you’ll get in the first two packages.
The training runs for two days.
This package is $249.95.
Digital flashcards are an excellent way to study, and the fact they are missing in the ExamFX primary package is disheartening.
What blew our minds about ExamFX is the array of study resources you can purchase individually.
You can buy the study guide, flashcards, on-demand video lectures, tip sheets, and live online training.
This makes it easier for learners not interested in the bundled products.
- There are add-on study tools you can get at an additional cost.
- The premium package extra perk offers great value
- There’s a first-time pass guarantee.
- You’ll have access to an audio lecture, which you can listen to when doing something else.
- The three packages are reasonably priced.
- No flashcards in the primary package. ExamFX will be even greater if it adds flashcards to the Self-Study Package.
- Access to the study packages is limited to 90 days, which is too short compared to the access duration for other providers.
ExamFX Series 7 online course provides excellent preparation for the Series 7 exam.
It offers the most comprehensive study packages across all three tiers.
Kaplan Financial Education
Kaplan Financial Education provides great resources to prepare for the Series 7 test.
Kaplan has three packages, each with several helpful resources.
Apart from providing value, the study resources are also reasonably priced.
With a passing rate of 85%, here is what you stand to gain in Kaplan’s Series 7 prep course packages.
The Basic Self-Study Package comes with five study tools.
Here are the tools.
- License Exam Manual (LEM)
- Practice exam
- Exam tips and content update
- SecuritiesPro QBank
- Study calendar
- Performance tracker
This package is $139.
The second plan, the Essential Self-Study Package, costs $189.
Here you’ll get:
- Video Library
- Midterm exam
- Checkpoint exam on top of the resources in tier one.
The first two study packages are excellent.
The only thing we didn’t like is that if you want the audiobook of the LEM, you must part with an additional $65.
The last plan has two options: Premium Instruction Live Online and Premium Instruction OnDemand Packages.
The two packages are priced differently.
The Premium Instruction Live Online package includes 10 study materials and live online classes.
This one is $309.
The Premium Instruction OnDemand Package is $279 and comes with 10 study tools and an on-demand class.
The ten study materials include the resources in the first two packages, plus class notes, InstructorLink, and a mastery exam.
Learners can also purchase the Series 7 securities quicksheet for $19.
Kaplan has been in the industry for more than five decades.
That means their products have been tried and tested for the best results.
- The Premier Package comes with class notes.
- The question bank has dozens of series 7 sample questions.
- The SecuritiesPro question bank is downloadable. So, you can study offline.
- The study packages are comprehensive.
- Provide a refund within 30 days if you are not satisfied. The only downside is that the administrative fee will be deducted.
- There’s no pass guarantee.
- Instructor support is only available for the Premier Package. Even worse, it takes two business days to get a response.
- Kaplan doesn’t have a mobile app.
You can access the study materials for five months.
If you need an extension, you can purchase an additional five months for $49.
Kaplan Financial Education provides the best variety of resources for studying for the Series 7 exam.
Passing the Series 7 exam on the first attempt is not a walk in the park.
You need to study to get a passing score of 72%.
The Series 7 study materials discussed will help you adequately prepare for the exam questions.
So, meticulously go through the options available to find the prep course that best fits.
We wish you the best of luck!
Series 7 Study Materials FAQs
What is the best Series 7 study material?
Here are our top picks of the best Series 7 study materials:
– Security Training Corporation
– Securities Institute of America
– Kaplan Financial Education
Each of these prep course providers offers a wide range of study resources. Yours is to find the best fit.
What are the best topics to study for Series 7?
– Client and margin accounts
– Mutual funds and ETFs
– Debt securities
– Regulation and rules
– Municipal debts securities
– Retirement plans
Check the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority website and prioritize your study depending on the topic weighting.
How to study for Series 7 if you are experienced?
First, scan through the FINRA Series 7 content outline. Highlight the topics that you already know. In your Series 7 study plan, dedicate ample time to the topics you are green in. Leverage Series 7 study guide and cheat sheets. Also, use flashcards and practice questions.
What is the best way to study for Series 7?
– Go through Series 7 content outline
– Create a study plan that prioritizes the highly weighted topics
– Settle for the study materials you’ll use
– Focus on the concepts. Don’t memorize.
– Use Series 7 cheat sheets, flashcards, and practice questions.
– Make use of the practice exams
How long does it take to study for Series 7?
The duration varies depending on your experience and educational background. Test-takers with experience take between 80 hours and 100 hours. Those without experience can take up to 150 hours. Apart from experience, the duration can be longer or shorter, depending on your commitment.
Is Series 7 hard to pass?
The Series 7 pass rate is 65% for first-time test-takers. If that statistic is anything to go by, we can agree that it’s challenging. However, the difficulty level will depend on how prepared you are. If you’ve put in the hours, there are high chances of passing the first time.
Is Series 7 harder than the bar exam?
No! The bar exam is more difficult than the Series 7 exam. While the Series 7 exam takes a few weeks to prepare, the bar exam requires learners to study for three years in law school. From there, they take a 2-3 months bar review course.
What is the Series 7 exam about?
Series 7 is an entry-level examination designed to test the competency of aspiring Registered Representatives. SIE is a co-requisite to earn the Series 7 license. Further, learners must be sponsored by SRO or FINRA member firms. The license allows registered representatives to sell a wide range of products.
What is the passing rate for Series 7?
The passing rate is around 65% for first-time test-takers. Passing the Series 7 exam requires commitment. You must put in 80-150 hours to thoroughly review the exam content. The exam has 125 score questions you must complete in 3 hours and 45 minutes.